Sunday, February 8, 2009

sports fun

As many know, I am a big sports fan. Even though I am here in Africa, I have had opportunities to enjoy watching some big games.

Last week for the superbowl, Elliott and I had our very own super bowl party. Using his computer we streamed the superbowl from a site and were able to watch the game and the commercials! It was really neat. I told Elliott later that's probably the most attention that I have ever paid to a super bowl. Usually I was at parties where I couldn't hear all the commentators were saying, or with youth at parties and was in other rooms more than I was watching the game. The game was clear on the TV and you couldn't have asked for a more competitive game.

The only problem was our feed was blocked with less than 2 minutes to go. So we missed the go ahead score by Arizona. We got the feed back in time to see a replay, then lost the feed completely as Pittsburgh was driving in the last minute. Oh well. We saw 58 minutes of a great game nearly uninterrupted, and we had a good time with our own superbowl party in Senegal!

Then tonight Elliott hooked up his computer again to watch his Lakers play Cleveland. You should have seen his eyes as he thought about doing it. I saw them glimmer as we were eating supper. He cleaned off a table tray without saying what he was going to do. But the rest of us knew what he was up to, and we all joined together to watch the game and relax tonight. Sports are something that both Elliott and I share a passion for, and it is wonderful to relax and keep up with our favorite things from back home like this. I just wanted to share a special memory.

No comments: