Wednesday, February 18, 2009

gone are the kittens

I apparently don't have much luck keeping kittens around. It's not a problem for me since I have no place to keep a cat. I'm also allergic to them, so I can't keep them inside. But I do like animals and like to see them taken care of.

I just realized this week that I had a mom cat who was nursing 4 kittens in my garage. I knew she had the litter somewhere, as I saw her walking back and forth quite often. When I found them, I was careful not to disturb them. But then today they had been moved. There's no telling where they are now. Hopefully they are safe.

Pets in general are looked at differently here. Dogs especially are seen as 'dirty'-almost what Americans would consider a rat. Pets are not taken care of. People have farm animals for eggs, milk, and food. But people do not keep pets simply to keep pets. Cats and dogs are usually wild here, so it is hard to approach them.

So, wherever the cat and kittens are, they are not here. Hopefully they are safe and they grow up to find food.

Another note to add....those that have been a little disappointed in my lack of posts lately will enjoy this week. I have a busy rest of the week coming up, and hopefully I'll get to post interesting stories each day. stay tuned!

No comments: