Sunday, February 1, 2009

Parents' visit

Hooray for loving parents! It was so nice for them to come and to visit. We had a great time catching up, playing cards, watching movies, and spending time together. And each day during the day we went out visiting my friends and neighbors. Mom and George got to experience a lot of the culture here in West Africa. I think they were mostly surprised by the development here. George, like me, could have sat in the hardware stores or with the welders all day long watching them work. And I think Mom was impressed with my cooking, too!

We had the chance, too, to see some sights around Senegal. We went to an English speaking international church of Dakar for 2 services. We saw a game park of animals in Theis, a bird park in St. Louis, and a ritzy tourist beach at Saly. They got to do some souvenir shopping as well. So all in all, we had a very good time together. I was so glad they were able to come and experience a little of what my daily life is like.

No comments: