Sunday, May 17, 2009

light week

Hi all! This last week was one to sorta forget. I don't know why I was down. Perhaps everyone has a rough week no matter what they're doing. I did stay up several nights listening to ball games, so lack of sleep may have made for the tough week, too.

Anyway, I did have a really good weekend. I visited my neighbors on Saturday. One neighbor was having a gamu celebration. I stopped by briefly to listen to some of the music they were playing, and I had tea with everyone. And I visited 2 other neighbors as well briefly.
Today I had a good time visiting 2 families on the other side of town. It had been awhile since I had seen these families so I told some brief stories about my family and about things I have done lately around town and in the villages I work in. It was a good Wolof speaking day for me, and I enjoy the extra confidence that gives me to communicate with others.

Tonight I am again listening to a basketball game before going to bed. It's awful late and I have a big day tomorrow, so I hope that I'll have energy to get through it. Thanks again for your prayers. I'm encouraged that this is going to be a good week, and I'm looking forward to its beginning.

No comments: