Tuesday, April 14, 2009

new team mate

Our Wolof team is welcoming a new worker to Dhara this week. Bertha V., a masters missionary from Houston, Texas, will begin her ministry in Dhara after spending the last 6 months learning Wolof in Dakar. Bertha is an extrodinary person to meet, and you quickly know from talking with her that she loves her family, loves Jesus, and wants to see you make yourself better. I wish her well as she transitions to Dhara to begin ministering to the Wolof in the area there.

This week I had the opportunity to ride to her apartment to help set things up. Elliott, Pat, and myself all went up together to see what final touches needed to be made before she arrived. We'll do some final preparations when we all go with Bertha later this week to make her home as comfortable as possible. She may still have a few things she'd like to do that she can ask her new friends and her land lord to do for her. Her house is really lovely.

I will say that I enjoyed the trip up to Dhara to see the house. With my construction interests and servant heart, I love the chance to do things like this. It was a good way to get away for a day and do something a little different, too.

Remember Bertha in your prayers as she begins making new friends and settling into her new home! :)

No comments: