Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Meal

I came to Dakar for my thanksgiving day celebration. Here in Dakar there are a lot of Missionaries, so we had a good gathering of people. I think we had about 50 who came. Most everyone either brought a covered dish, dessert, or drinks. I made my family’s now world famous corn pudding casserole. It turned out pretty good, if I say so myself-and I heard this remark from others. My favorite dish-sweet potato casserole-was there. And we had plenty of turkey and ham which was donated by Cracker Barrel. Thank you, Cracker Barrel. I’ll make it up to you when I’m in the states!
After the meal we had a devotion time as well as time for singing. Then we fellowshipped by talking in groups, playing card games, and watching college football from earlier this season. The kids played outside or watched a movie themselves. So we had a great afternoon together.

No comments: