Thursday, November 13, 2008

definitely a God-thing

Since my language class completed, I have been anxious to get into the sharing process of my ministry. For awhile I have been sharing with neighbors and friends in town, but I am mostly looking forward to riding the street a bit and visiting neighboring villages. Now I am beginning to do that on my own.

Today I chose a town on the road just north of here that I would go and visit. I planned to walk around and visit some sellers and introduce myself to the people in town. I was also going to see where the conversations led and just talk briefly about myself, my family, and Jesus.

Well, along the drive, I saw a person asking for a ride. So i stopped and told him to get in. When he did, I told him that I was only going to Kelle, and he said that was where he lived. I was like, wow! And then told him what I wanted to do there, where i lived, and what I did for my work. He then said that I could visit at his house and see his friends. So I was blown away. I had a way into the village! This was certainly a God-thing!

And we had a good chat for an hour or so with his friends. His family was out in the fields farming, but he invited me back to talk more on Sunday. So I will go again to meet with him, and prepare to share a story with him as well as questions to ask. Please be in prayer for this new contact. I am truly blown away at the chance of this happening, and look forward to where it may go. This person actually knew that Jesus is God's Son. Noone states that when I ask if they know of Jesus.

No comments: