Monday, November 17, 2008

burnt out

A hard blog to write because of my independent nature. But I have been quite burnt out and apathetic lately. I am thinking it's a bit of many things. I have heard various news at home that has been discouraging and makes me want to be home. I many times wish that I had a hobby to do here and not happy with the lack of things to do here. And I miss friends and miss working with my hands. Those things I've struggled with since I have been here, and they simply aren't going away. For that reason I am still having my reservations about my calling to be a missionary. I think today wasn't necessarily a 'ticket' day (a day that I wish I could go home), but it was a day that I would choose to be a 2 year missionary than a 3 year missionary. Days like this I need to hold tighter to what God is doing here than the things that have me unhappy. But just a word of my struggles.

No comments: