Friday, October 31, 2008

There's a mouse in the house!

Anyone who has seen a mouse in their house in the country knows that it's tough to get them out. Try catching one without a trap! These critters are fast! Well, I knew I had one in the house and that he was staying in my kitchen. The droppings were a sure sign, and try as I might, I couldn't find where he was hiding.

Well, yesterday he came out of hiding and ran under my feet. And I thought, yay, he's out of the kitchen. So I immediately closed the kitchen door so he couldn't go back in there. And then I set a trap to help catch him. He was behind my book case, so after getting the books out and got the bookcase closer to a corner, I had my broom in hand and was ready to get him in a box. Well, wouldn't you know he escaped from the box and ran into my bedroom!

Why I didn't close my bedroom door I don't know. Call me stupid, I should have! Now I'll get 20 comments from people saying, "nice story, Stupid!" hehe, all for love, I'm sure. So, at least I have him confined to one room now. The next trick is to get him in the open so I can catch or kill him. After about 2 hours and 100 sneezes (dust is rough on my allergies) I had him. I killed him and put him in my burn pile where the neighborhood tom cat enjoyed a nice late supper. Then I spent the evening spring cleaning my house from the mess I made. Well, at least I spent my Thursday doing 2 things that needed to be done. It's good to spring clean everything at least once a year. My house is so small and the dust is worse here than Fay, NC, so I should probably do this more often. But my kitchen is good as new, my living room is spotless again, and my bedroom is especially clean. In a way it felt like a wasted day, I had several things I wanted to do on Thursday. However, catching the mouse and spring cleaning were things that I needed to accomplish. Thank goodness that drama is over!

No comments: