Friday, September 12, 2008

Team Meeting

This week was a slightly different week for me. Our Wolof team meets periodically to discuss events, keep our tasks up to date, and relate ministry items with each other. Usually we meet 4 times a year.
This meeting lasted 2 days and we mostly discussed strategies for reaching the Wolof people. We talked about volunteer groups, partnering churches, current things that we are all involved in, as well as other things less exciting. It was an effective 2 day meeting, though I think we were all exhausted at the end of it.
Whenever I am in Dakar, I try to see a few of my many friends. I was able to enjoy time with the Reynolds and the Foremans, and I got to spend time each night I was there with the 2 evening guards whom I made friends with while I was in language learning several months ago. I was hoping to go by and see my 'dad' PJ but after not sleeping well the night before, I missed that opportunity. I'll be in town for a day next week, and maybe I can get there early enough to catch him before he goes off to work. I'll try. I want to update him with things and hear how he is doing.
While writing this post, I'll ask for a prayer request. Please pray for my feet to begin to heal. Since June there has been blister after blister on them which limit my mobility. I've wanted to play soccer, walk the streets, and enjoy my neighborhood. But when I don't sleep well for my feet throbbing, when I'm getting ingrown toenails that I've never gotten before, or when I can barely walk around my house I am beginning to realize that this is probably spiritual warfare that I am dealing with. Please pray with me that this will go away quickly so I can feel more effective in my ministry.
Thanks so much for reading and for your prayers.

No comments: