Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Second Group

The second group that we had here working with us as volunteers came all the way from Poquoson Baptist Church in Virginia. Like the first group, this group had the chance to work with the high school students here in Mekhe. They played games-usually basketball-and taught the Senegalese students a few American games—such as Uno, football (American style), and some other card games. They also shared dances that each prepared. There was a group of 3 boys here in Mekhe that dance together and performed for us, and the Poquoson group prepared dances to share as well. It turned out to be quite a fun time for all involved.

With this second group we also learned to laugh at ourselves. Many days we said things that seemed to come out wrong-me included! Some of those sayings that you just had to be there to see the humor. And we learned a lot about ourselves and what makes us different from others. We realized that we all have gifts we can take to the throne, and God can use them in a special way. I am glad that even as I am 28 I am still learning things about myself so that I may work better with others.

No comments: