Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Happenings

Now that we are done with the volunteer teams here for the summer, you may be wondering just what I am going to be doing with the time I have. Well, I’ll try to give you a little summary of what I would like to do with my time here in Mekhe. But before I do, here’s the plans for the next few weeks.

-We have a regional workshop to attend in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire at the end of the month. I will be attending this to gain insight on effective entry and effective presentation of the gospel. I’ll also get to meet other missionaries from West Africa and begin to hear their stories.

-I have highspeed internet! So I will hope to keep in touch better with family and friends once I catch up on the work that I have been missing here. With the internet maybe I’ll even catch a cubs game on the radio. And I look forward to exercising to Adventures in Odyssey, and hearing a few sermons as well.

-After the regional workshop, I will begin Wolof classes again. These classes will be 3 days a week for 3 hours each day. This will give me time to not only grow in my Wolof, but I will have off days to begin working on telling stories and doing ministry in Mekhe. So I’m very excited about continuing language study, and for the chance that it will give me to ask questions as I go.

I know that seems like a lot, but I do like to stay busy. I don’t think this is too much to chew on, and once I get into a rhythm I should be able to get this done each day. I believe this will also make me look forward to resting on the weekends. I’ll keep you updated how the schedule is working.

No comments: