Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a day of rest!

I was awful tired one day, and I didn’t realize it. With the work that we had all been doing the last few weeks, I was getting 5-6 hours of sleep each night. Usually when I am tired and I’m not active I can fall asleep no problem. And I started taking light naps in the afternoons. Elliott would even pick on me for taking naps, which I didn’t mind but I did try to stay away so that he wouldn’t have anything to say to me. But one day, I took a nap for 2 hours before lunch. After the nap I felt even worse, so I thought to myself, “Oh no! I’m getting sick.” So after lunch I took a nap to see if it would make me feel better. After that nap I went with 2 of the boys to visit a friend of ours, and I couldn’t hold my head up during the visit. After bringing them back to Elliott’s house, I went home to go to bed, and slept for 12 hours. I felt much better after the rest and was back to my old self. So after sleeping for 17 hours in one day, I was caught up with the sleep I needed. I guess my body will shut itself down to catch up on much needed sleep.

No comments: