Sunday, July 26, 2009

August plans

I'm in the process of resting up and setting goals for my ministry these next 3 months. It's hard to believe that I only have 3 months to go before my 2 year term is complete. This time has certainly opened my eyes to ministry and missions.

One thing I have come to learn is that I am called, like all Christians, to share Christ. I can do nothing on my own to bring people to Christ, but by opening my mouth God can choose to draw people to himself. Prayer is a powerful weapon we have as Christians, and the more I pray for my Wolof friends, the more my heart yearns for them to know Jesus as their Savior. My goal is going to be to do more praying while I am here. That's something that I can continue even after I leave here.

Another thing that I plan to do is to share in 2 of the villages that I am close to. I hope to spend 2-3 days a week visiting these areas and sharing stories to the people there. Even if I have to read the stories, my goal is going to be to present the gospel to these people so they will hear about God and about his Son, Jesus.

These 3 months are going to fly by. During my quiet times lately God has revealed to me my pride in being too dependent in many occasions. I have learned that I can do a lot of things on my own, but I do need encouragement and teaching from others. It helps to have good teachers so that the life lessons I learn are not always learned the hard way. I've made that mistake too many times! I am still struggling some days in feeling lonely, and hope to keep myself busy enough that the time continues to roll by.

So as I think about these next few months I hope to stay encouraged to work, and that I will walk in God's will as I share to my Wolof friends. Thanks to each of you for your prayers and petitions on my behalf in ministry here.

No comments: