Sunday, August 2, 2009

a busy saturday...and bonus cubs news

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go and visit one of my best friends here in his village. I took chicken for us to have rice and chicken for lunch. It was a treat. And I had planned to share a Bible story to the people of the village, however many were working in the fields. Those that did stay around the house took afternoon naps. And my good friend is fighting Malaria, so he wasn't feeling well enough to join us had we talked. I was disappointed not to be able to take the chance to share when I had planned to be in the village for a full day, but I know that I'll get another opportunity soon to do this again. It won't be with a meal like we had! But there will be a chance to talk again soon.

(bonus Cubs report)
See what happens for the cubs when they decide to put Soriano down in the order? They move into first place in the Central!!! And Soriano, now that he's out of his hitting slump, sees for himself that he has the opportunity to drive in more people lower in the order. I'm glad he's happy, he is a very important piece of our offense.
This made me laugh this morning. The Cubs are playing the Marlins in FL this weekend. late in their game Saturday, third baseman Aramis Ramirez got hit in the side by a pitch and had to leave the game. We're short on 3rd basemen, so the guy playing second had to move over to third, and Soriano came in to play second base. Soriano played second for many years for the yankees and rangers, so he has experience there, just not recent experience. The column added that many Cubs position players had to switch positions to make their defense work in the 10th inning, including Soriano who played 3 positions and switched positions during the inning. Why did he switch positions? "To lessen the chance of the ball being hit to him," says Lou! Love it!!

Another Cubs Win! day. Though this one did sting. Our ace Zambrano went out with his back. It must have been bothering him all day, he did not have any control. Ramirez is probably day to day after being hit in the side with that pitch. And our bullpen blew a 6 run lead, and a 3 run lead with 2 outs in the 9th. But I'll take the win. We need to collect them. The cubs have 3 days off the next 2 months. I'll say that again...the cubs team has a total of 3 days off for the rest of the year. I hope Lou's able to manage some rest in for the players the rest of the way. It's going to be a battle to the finish.

No comments: