Saturday, March 14, 2009

synopsis of work

Howdy everyone! I thought I'd take a chance just to let you know some of the work that I'm doing. I'm doing this simply to help refocus prayer efforts more specifically on the friends and sharing that I am doing these days.

In my neighborhood, I am currently spending time with 3 families, a teacher, and 2 boutique workers. I'd like to begin sharing stories with these families, but I do notice that it seems to be most difficult to find the men of the house home. Most men work here in the village. Maybe this will lead to me doing a large group sharing time on Sunday afternoons 2x a month in my neighborhood, and I can specifically invite this group of people for this.

In the villages I have visited with 7 villages. I have one friend in a village that has introduced me to 4 of these. There are two neighbors that have introduced me to the village they were born in. This relationship with them has led to these villages being opened to me. I hope that soon I will get the opportunity to share with these people, too.

In the market of Ngay Mekhe, I have several friends that I am speaking with consistently as well. I spend time with a construction worker and his crew, a welder, a boutique worker, and my tailor.

These are all very close friends that I have, and I would say that I see each of these people at least every other week, usually more often than that. Some of our talks last only 30 minutes, other conversations can last up to 3 hours. Please continue to pray for me to stay encouraged in sharing stories with these people. The relationships are there and obviously I have a lot of people I can be sharing with. I hope that I'm able to take these friendships and enjoy the time I have with each person. Thanks for your prayers :)

No comments: