Thursday, March 5, 2009

our new AGS

Yesterday I went to Dakar for a meeting with our new Affinity Group Strategist (AGS), Tim Clearley, along with his wife, Charlotte. I was first very happy to find that they are very ordinary people, very humble people who realize the challenge and enormosity of the job they have before them. Tim will be the lead strategist for all of Sub-Saharian Africa. It will be his job as we move forward to see that the advancement of the gospel is efficient and effective. My prayers go out to him and Charlotte as they transition into this assignment.

Tim is an NC State grad! Right then and there he had my love! He is also very passionate for lost people. I know that will drive him in this new position.

Tim and Charlotte are traveling to various places in West Africa to greet many of the missionaries working here. Through these meetings he is telling his testimony and introducing some of the new ideas that his team is currently working on. Through the meeting yesterday I was able to hear his story and hear him tell of the plans they are continuing to work on. And I was excited to be a part of this meeting. Being the lowest member of the totem pole, I often would not get called in on something like this in other businesses. I thought our gathering was very productive yesterday.

So Tim and Charlotte, you have my prayers as you continue to set goals and meet deadlines, as you travel and as you learn some of the challenges we do face in sharing the gospel here in Africa. Along with you, our #1 goal is that all peoples, tribes, nations, and tongues will hear and know of Jesus as the Savior and Messiah.

No comments: