Friday, March 20, 2009

my week in review

This has been a busy week around here for me. I took time each day to go out into the villages and visit friends there. This led to some very good conversations as we shared pictures, took pictures together, shared stories, and talked about my faith and some of the prophets of the Old Testament. I'm always so happy to be able to share moments like this with my friends, and sharing the pictures that I have of my family seemed to be a great way to break the ice with my new friends in these village towns. And not only did I prepare to share pictures, but I also prepared to share a story from God's Word during these visits.

The story that I am sharing now talks about the faith Abraham had in God. As I tell the story of Abraham, I conclude by sharing about my faith in God and Jesus as his Son. So far I have had some very good conversations with my friends regarding Jesus as my Savior and Lord. I have gone over the hurdle of just being friends with people it seems to them knowing that I am a follower of Jesus and that I have come to share stories about the prophets and about Jesus with the people. When I introduce myself to a new person in the group, before I can add much to my story, someone shares that "he's a follower of Jesus." I see this as a distinguishing characteristic that my friends know about me, and I proudly hold on to that reputation. When people see me and tell me "you're a good person," and think of me as "a follower of Jesus," I give God the glory that I can be like Christ to my friends. Continue to pray for their hearts to be opened by God's Spirit as he speaks through me in these stories.

Ooo, also, I'd like to let you know that my supervisors-Elliott and Pat-along with myself, will be hosting a volunteer team next week. Please also pray for their safety in traveling and the work that they will be doing next week. I think we will be visiting villages and doing prayer walks during the 4 days they are here.

No comments: