Thursday, June 25, 2009

Team 2

From Jun 15-23 our team hosted a team of 3 volunteers from Fayetteville, NC, who came here for a medical volunteer assistance trip. We unfortunately were not able to do any health care work in villages as originally planned, but we had a wonderful time getting to know each other. We spent the week prayer walking over ministry here, we visited a few villages close by, and did some general ministry meeting friends.

I had a great time playing games and getting to know these people. They were fun to be around. I'm often teased around here, and enjoy the good humor that comes from that. But to see their passion for wanting to help others was truly remarkable. I'm grateful they were able to come, and despite our first plans not to have worked out, grateful that they were able to minister to Pat and Elliott. These are long time friends of the Nichols, and I know it warmed their hearts to see them come and visit for this week.

Now I am going to rest up in preparation for our next group which arrives in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to some relaxing time. I plan to spend a few days in villages saying hi to friends. I have a friend who has shown incredible interest in hearing stories, and this will be an area that I will concentrate in the next weeks and months ahead. I'll probably do some reading in my spare time, too.

No comments: