Saturday, June 28, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

Anyone who has small kids, or who has ever been a youth minister can relate to being tired after a camp, or being tired in general from caring for children. And this is not to say that I am complaining about being tired, I am just surprised at how tired I was. While the Hickory Grove group was here, I slept most nights for 5 hours-1:30-6:30. Occasionally I would get a few more winks, but some nights I also got less. I’m one of those people that can handle 5 hours of sleep, as long as I’m active and working. If I’m idle, that makes it tough.
Anyway, this week I was able to get some much needed rest. All I had on my agenda was to clean my house, cook for myself, visit 2 friends, order my internet for my house, and rest, rest, rest. Although it was a very hot week, I was surprised that even though I would sleep in til 8am, I could still get a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, and yet still fall asleep at night. A few days I was extremely tired-maybe I slept too much! But some days I could not keep my eyes opened when I was reading. It’s been awhile since I have been that exhausted. I was grateful for this week to recuperate, and now I am ready for the next group to come.

No comments: